We can define a blog niche as the topic area that informs the entire content of the blog. There are several articles from custom dissertation services that address how to pick a blog niche. There are many ways to pick niches, and we cannot exhaust all of them. Some are out of the mind, while particular events and experiences inform others. The important thing is that the topic of choice should be relevant and appealing to your target audience.
Examples of blog niche ideas
- Skating, biking, rock climbing, camping, trekking hiking, and running
- Yoga, meditation, spirituality, health and wellness, and nutrition
- Hockey, volleyball, tennis, golfing, soccer, baseball. Football, and basketball
- Credit cards, dealing with debts, and personal finance
- Astronomy, physics, science, psychology, marriage advice, and relationships
- Interview tips, career advice, productivity, book reviews, and self-improvement
- TV show and movie critiques
When starting a blog, you might be in a dilemma on what to choose. Remember that you don’t have to be passionate about the niche. Sometimes you are forced to choose a niche to address a particular popular demand.
Narrowing down your niche
You need a niche that will allow you to extend your writing for several days or weeks. Have a broad enough topic that will give you room to maneuver and explore several options. Be careful not to be too broad again to the point that your niche is ambiguous and confusing to the readers. Try and find that balance the will not lead you to restrict yourself in terms of content and make sure that it keeps the readers engaged.
Brainstorming blog niche ideas
It is possible to know what you will be writing instantly. However, some require some thinking before they settle on a specific niche. Below are some best ways to go about it:
- List down all the things that spark your interest
- Consider the books, magazines, and blogs your regularly read
- Write down your past experiences, hobbies, and jobs
- Write down you significant accomplishments
- Take a look at some of the popular topics
With the lists above, you should have an easy time settling for the appropriate topic.
Questions to consider before you pick a niche
You should be having an idea of what to use as a niche for your blog. However, you have to satisfy a series of check questions to ensure that it meets a successful blog’s criteria.
- Does the chosen niche give you internal satisfaction?
- Are you knowledgeable about the niche that you are choosing?
- Do you have the audience that will be willing to pay for your choice of niche?
- Are there people that have similar interests concerning the niche you choose?
- What is the lifespan of your niche? Will it be a relevant topic in a couple of months or years to come?
- What is the level of competition within the niche you are choosing? Who are the players within that area?
- What is the popularity of the topic on the leading search engines? Is it something interested clients will easily find?
- Is the niche acceptable to the societal moral fabric? Is it something that you can comfortably identify with?
- Is your niche evergreen?
How do you validate your niche?
You will most likely find several products, magazines, books, and blogs relating to your niche. It is a good idea to validate it before you proceed to develop a site entirely. Below are some techniques you can use to validate your niche:
- Try and populate around fifty ideas that fall within your niche
- List some guest posts that are relevant in your niche
- Open a social media page (Facebook) for your niche
- Write six blog articles that relate to your niche
Some popular blog niche that is also profitable include:
- Personal development
- Small business marketing
- Personal finance
- Recipes and food
Every person that intends to venture into blogging needs to have a blog niche. The worst mistake you can make is to pick one randomly. A lot of thinking and effort has to find a relevant and suitable niche for your audience. Your niche’s success will be a result of how much effort you put into finding the best niche. Always remember the key steps:
- Brainstorm on several ideas before you settle on one
- Do the niche test to guarantee a successful blog
- Make sure you validate your blog before you launch it