Synology has just announced a pretty decent spec’d NAS box, the DS713+ features a 2.13Ghz dual core CPU with 1gb of DDR3 ram. I think this would do just fine for me, I have the DS212, which is good but dual core would be nicer!
Synology America Corp. today announced its most powerful 2-bay DiskStation NAS, the DS713+. By taking advantage of the DX513 expansion module, it can quickly scale up to 28TB of raw storage.
The DS713+ is built to save users time. The dual NICs allow for link aggregation for improved throughput in multi-user environments. With USB 3.0, users can transfer data to and from external disks faster than ever.
"The DS713+ brings performance that businesses need at a price they can afford," said Jason Bonoan, Product Marketing Manager at Synology America Corp. "This is quite simply the most powerful system that Synology has offered in this price range."
Shipping with Synology’s intuitive DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.1, the DS713+ simplifies system management, allowing users to focus on productivity. The DSM operating system features a bevy of business-friendly aspects.
- Support for VMware® vSphere™ 5, including VAAI
- Support for ADS domains up to 100,000 users and groups
- In-line ACL editor to quickly and accurately assign permissions, even without a PC
- An updated Package Center allows users to install productivity tools from both Synology and from technology partners
- Cloud Station keeps files in sync between local and remote assets, without port forwarding
- Surveillance Station 6 allows for monitoring and recording up to 20 cameras at once
For more information, please see: http://www.synology.com/products/product.php?product_name=DS713%2B&lang=us